AWF is pleased to be partnering our Dunedin based client in their search for a Livestock Transfer Manager. The company is a nationwide leader within the agricultural industry and is New Zealand's largest egg producer. They have a record of success in delivering quality products, are leading the charge in relation to animal welfare, and are committed to continuing to add value to their company through employing great people and using best practice in all aspects of their operation.
The Livestock Transfer Manager position is a pivotal role within their operation and is one that offers challenge and variety. It is a hands on management role that focuses on managing staff, and organisation of work schedules and resources. It is a role that works closely with livestock (poultry) and having previous stock experience, and a high level of respect for animals and their handling is paramount.
On a day to day basis the role will co-ordinate and organise all stock rotation activities for multiple farms in East Otago (5) and Canterbury (1). A vehicle is provided for this role, and commuting from Dunedin on a daily basis is an option. Key activities include stock depletions, cleaning of livestock sheds (free range and colony), and stock replenishments.
This role will see you supervising a core team of permanent (10), and casual staff. You will be responsible for liaising with Farm Managers to co-ordinate stock transfer schedules and future work programmes, as well as ensuring you have the resources and materials to ensure the smooth and timely running of your activities.
The key attributes we seek for this position include:
- Previous experience within the livestock industry
- A strong ability to manage, co-ordinate, and motivate staff
- A proven record of organising and scheduling work programmes
- The flexibility and adaptability to work across multiple sites on a regular basis
- A sensitivity and respect for livestock that reflects strong personal values and mirrors those of the company
- A willingness to lead by example and be hands on in your work.
- Clear communication and training skills
- An ability to make decisions, solve problems and prioritise tasks.
In return you will receive:
- An attractive salary
- Vehicle offered
- Commuting from Dunedin is an option
- Monday-Friday role and morning start times may vary based on the needs of the farm.
The person we seek will be the 'right fit' for our client and will bring the skills and attributes that can add value to the team and the wider farming operation. If this is you, we look forward to hearing from you! This position is available now, so we welcome immediate online applications, or call Lisa Edwards 021 949 174 for more details.