Due to an increasing workload our clients currently have vacancies within their electrical distribution operation based in the Greater Wellington area for a qualified
(Transmission) Line Mechanic
Our clients are medium- and large scale (multi-) utility service providers, experiencing continued and sustained growth.
Maintaining an electrical Transmission network, our client is experiencing sustained growth and is looking to add to their experienced and established teams.
They are seeking experienced and qualified Transmission Line Mechanics for the construction, maintenance, upgrade and repair of the Transmission network across the Wellington and Wairarapa regions.
- Supporting maintenance of transmission lines, changing insulators, steel placements
- Meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Adhering to best practice
- Maintain field paperwork, reports and inspection documentation
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
- There could be some requirement for weekend and away trips pending projects.
Skills and experience
- New Zealand Certificate in Electricity Supply, E1, E2, Qualification
- EWRB and practicing licence (preferred)
- Ideally, a minimum three years' NZ Transmission/ live line experience
- A good work history that demonstrates a safe work ethic;
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to work independently, tidy and methodical
- Full NZ Class 1 Licence
- Be physically fit, have a head for heights and someone who enjoys working outdoors
- Believe in safety first and enjoy seeing a job done well
What you'll get in return
These clients' strength is in its people, with a high standard of support, respect and work. They invest heavily in both their staff and community. You will be joining a diverse and inclusive workforce, with opportunity to develop your career.
You will work with stable clients who offer a variety of work and truly look after their employees. Your expertise and opinions will be valued and respected.
If you feel you are the right person for the job or would like further information, please contact Daan Heeneman at AWF on 04 474 2361 or click 'Apply Now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please us for a confidential discussion on your career.