Do you consider yourself a stonemason? Do you have a passion for creating stone pieces and are currently looking for progression? Then we have the opportunity for you!
Our client based in Onehunga is looking for a Junior Stone Mason/Trade Assistant on an ongoing full-time basis. This role is Monday-Friday 8am-4/5pm getting paid to do what you love!
Your day would include cutting, drilling, grinding and polishing concrete and stone, manufacturing and restoring headstones and monumental masonry work. What better pleasure than to provide beautiful pieces for families to remember their loved ones by?
You will have to be physically able to lift and move the stone throughout the day. This role will have you working indoors and outdoors throughout all seasons.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Complete monumental masonry/headstones for families loved ones
- Install and refurbish headstones
- Cut, drill, grind and polish concrete and stone
- Deliver and install pieces where required
What's in it for you?
- Full time on-going work from Monday-Friday (8am-4/5pm)
- Great team culture and working environment
- Flexibility of both workshop and outdoor work
- Weekly wages + Annual leave accrual, Kiwi Saver contributions and ACC cover
You will have the following experience:
- Previous experience with concrete and/or stone is preferred
- Great attention to detail and self-driven
- Physically able to lift, move and work with concrete and stone
- Previous operation of dyna drills, polishing grinder, saw and other hand and power tools is required
- Restricted or Full licence required due to travel involved in the role
If this sounds like just the role you've been looking for, we would love for you to apply online with your CV or just pick up the phone and call Bryar on 0211989281 or 0800 88 88 60 (Option 1 for Auckland, Option 1 for Engineering & Technical)
AWF. Keeping New Zealand Working.