This role would suit an experienced spray painter, looking for a new challenge with a fantastic company.
Your duties will include:
- Sanding and cleaning surfaces to be painted
- Deciding which products to use for a particular surface
- Preparing metals by treating them with chemicals or sand-blasting them
- Applying an undercoat
- Choosing and mixing paint
- Spray painting or powder-coating objects
- Bake powder-coating onto metal in ovens
- Polishing the finished product
- Discussing treatment and painting requirements with customers
- Maintaining H&S company policy and standards
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have 2 years proven industrial spray painting experience
- Have spray-gun painting skills
- Have a clear understanding of approved Health & Safety work practices
- Have knowledge on using a 3 pot mix
- Be familiar with paint types and colours
- Be reliable and committed, and be a team player with good communication skills
- Be up-to-date with coating and preparation methods and technology
What's in it for you?
- Huge brand exposure
- Competitive hourly pay rate
- Regular afternoon shift hours (3:30pm to 1:00am)
- Opportunity to go permanent with the client
If this sounds like your ideal job, please apply via the online portal or email your resume to Monique on Monique.Flatman@awf.co.nz.
AWF. Keeping New Zealand Working.