We work with some of New Zealand's leading companies, employing people with varied skills from General Labourers to Class 5 Truck Drivers and skilled trades. Our employers call in new jobs every day, so you're bound to get varied work with a change of scenery on every assignment.
Our client has a fantastic seasonal opportunity for someone to join their Seasonal Production team in an Improvement Technologist role. Reporting to the Seasonal Production Manager you will be required to investigate all non-specification products (NSP) and identify the root cause for the NSP. You will be expected to follow through the investigation and ensure that the root cause has been rectified.
Responsibilities for the role include, but are not limited to;
- Review of, and identification of the cause of all Seasonal NSPs
- Documenting and reporting all associated factors of an NSP
- Working with internal stakeholders in a variety of departments
- Statically analyse Quality data
- Process improvements to meet qualifiers on quality, Yield, labour
- SOP writing
- Administrative work
What we're after
This is a high volume demanding environment where you will always be on the go and we want someone that is excited by this. You will be inquisitive by nature and will thrive when you are required to investigate why an issue has occurred, and will only stop when you have diagnosed the root cause.
To join the team we are looking for someone that has:
- Ideally 2+ years experience in a food manufacturing environment but not essential
- Ability to follow a process flow from beginning to end and interpret where there are factors that have contributed to an out of specification product
- Understanding of the strict requirements around Quality Assurance in a food manufacturing environment
- Confidence to engage across multiple levels of a business
- Good attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Sound decision making ability
- High level computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications
You must be reliable and can provide a high standard of customer service.
Hours of work will be flexible to suit production requirements and you would be expected to be able to work on any of the 3 shifts (morning, afternoon and night) and across a 7 day work week.
If this sounds like you, call us on 06 8704961 for more information or apply online today!