Health and Safety, Compliance Officer
This is a unique opportunity for someone that is passionate about maintaining and implementing Health & Safety standards in the workplace. This role is in the freight and logistics industry, it is a busy dynamic role that requires someone that is proactive, organised and has strong attention to details.
Whats in it for you?
- Ownership of onsite Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Hands on position where you will be out on site regularly
- Build valued relationships with site managers, visitors and contractors
- No two days are the same
- Competitive Remuneration
About the role:
You will be responsible for making sure this site is compliant at all times. You will take ownership of health and safety inductions for visitor and contractors, conduct regular safety checks on site and for fleet vehicles. You will train and keep staff up to date on current H&S legislation as well as monitoring and implementing improvement to the current H&S procedures. This is a busy role that requires a very methodical approach.
What you will need:
- A strong knowledge of current health & Safety legislation, driven to keep your knowledge current
- Current experience maintaining and implementing health and safety policies and procedures
- Understand compliance for MPI and Customs
- Strong administration and reporting skills
- Ability to maintain professional communication
- Time management and forecasting skills
- Ability to work autonomously, self driven
- Experience organising and running regular health and safety committee meetings
- Background in freight and logistics industry is an advantage
- Full Drivers licence, Class 5 would be a bonus
If you are excited by this opportunity please apply today, or for a confidential discussion about this role call Cam 021 195 8707.
Applications will be screened daily, due to high response only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.