We are looking for a Senior Health & Safety Advisor who is achievement focused, flexible and resilient person to continue to drive our health and safety culture. Reporting to the Group People & Safety Manager, you will be the expert across the group in all things Health & Safety. With internal staff, temporary field staff and contractors forming our worker group your experience working with third party PCBU's will be an essential part of this role.
The position is based in Penrose, Auckland with travel to other locations around the country being a requirement of the role. As a business partner, your influencing skills and ability to take people on a journey is essential.
* Strategically plan and deliver upon objectives driving the Company to be an industry leader in Health and Safety
* Support the Health and Safety Advisor in incident management and investigations, and reporting of such
* Strategically campaign and develop safe operational procedures which identify and take account all relevant hazards and risks
* Produce the Annual H & S Action Plan across the group that includes prevention, alerts and rules derived from trends, analysis and standards
* Assist with the annual ACC AEP Audit reporting on Health and Safety standards as required
* Engage with clients strategically in relation to H & S providing information and best practise innovation in relation to our industry while understanding clients H & S drivers and considering impacts for the Company
* Engage internally supporting the acquisition and improvement of H & S knowledge throughout the Company undertaking training and support induction of new staff as required
Skills and Attributes:
* Previous experience in a H&S leadership role is essential
* A tertiary H&S qualification is preferred
* Works collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decisions around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships
* Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships
* Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions
* The ability to adapt to change and considers new approaches
* The ability to identify and satisfy the expectations and requirements of customers, both internal and external, in a timely manner
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
What's in it for you:
We offer a high energy, positive and diverse working environment that allows you to make this fantastic role your own. You will support the AWF Madison Group business nationally and will get a sense of achievement from contributing to positive outcomes for our people and our clients. You will travel and spend time in our branches supporting our teams to deliver outstanding health and safety practices.
We offer competitive remuneration, two additional paid days off each year; for your birthday, and end of year shopping leave. Some flexibility in when and where you work is also available.
If you want to work for this agile, forward thinking, established brand then please apply via the link below or phone Mel Ault on 0272026321.
Applications close on Wednesday 5 December.