This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the delivery of operations at Wellington's incredible venues. As a key member of our clients' Operations team that is making a difference for our venues, we're looking for a strong people leader with a solid technical background.
You will be leading the venue builds for our clients' Exhibition, Conference and Performance events, managing and driving a diverse and large team, driving continuous improvement and working towards streamlining efficiencies.
You will work closely with the Operations Manager to identify new initiatives, strategies and objectives ensuring these are rolled out, along with enhancing processes to improve team productivity. Your deep understanding of people and best practice processes, and solid operations and technical experience will be essential to success in this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide on the floor leadership, guidance and support to the Operations Team including monitoring performance and rosters to maximise efficiencies and team productivity
- Manage the Health and Safety process of our clients' Venue Operations
- Identify areas for improvement and implementation, utilising your past technical and operational experience
- Look for medium to long-term projects that will contribute to the on-going success of our venues
- Identify learning & development opportunities and implementing training systems to improve our team's development
- Assist with the development, planning and tracking of equipment movement and maintenance
- Manage operational budget, review and support standard operating procedures and processes
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- 4+ years' experience in a leadership role in venue or event operations
- Sound knowledge of technical skills including staging, AV, crewing and theatre technical
- Ability to think on your feet and outside of the box
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite. A working knowledge of CAD, Visio and EBMS (event business management software) or similar is an advantage
- Confidence reading and interpreting event or production CAD's
- Comprehensive understanding of current NZ OH&S legislation
- Strong understanding of logistics/scheduling
- Ability to lead teams under time constraints and able to be flexible in changing delivery scenarios
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver to an exceptionally high standard
If you feel you are the right person for the job or would like further information, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 473 99 15 for more information.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please call us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit.