Our Auckland Technical team has a unique and exciting full time job opportunity available with one of Auckland's top Universities as a trades mentor to PHD students!
We are looking for an experienced maintenance technician to help assist with general operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment as a trades mentor. You will be required to ensure smooth running of technical operations by keeping equipment well maintained this includes but is not limited to hydraulic equipment, pumps and overhead gantry cranes.
As part of this role you will also be required to share your trade expertise with the students and the staff members associated. This will include assisting with fabrication, erecting and testing of structural and construction material. You will be required to take part in rigorous safety protocols and adhere to them at all times.
The university programs are largely based around seismic testing and material improvement so any knowledge or experience in this area would be advantageous.
Having the initiative to provide constructive feedback, instruction, development and guidance as well as the ability to communicate well to help students learn effectively is imperative to a successful candidate.
This is a full time job opportunity with Monday - Friday day shift hours which are flexible based on availably and the opportunity to become a permanent employee with our client for the right candidate.
Skills we are looking for:
- You will need to be a peoples person with immaculate communication skills
- Initiative to provide constructive feedback, instruction, development and guidance
- Someone who is health and safety focused
- Competency to identify and understand issues with processes and machinery
- Technical skills will include the ability to weld, fabricate, machine (using a lathe or mill) as well as a fitter tuner.
- Qualifications that would be advantageous include welding certificates and / or fitter tuner certifications
- The ability to operate an overhead gantry crane would be advantageous (including a mobile EWP ticket and heights ticket)
What AWF can offer in return?
- Remuneration to match your experience and expertise
- An opportunity for permanent work
- 8% holiday pay, kiwi saver and other contractual entitlements
- Weekly wages
- Opportunity to be part of world leading research
If the above sounds like you then please send your CV through to Sangeeta.firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 922 955 to make an inquiry today.