Electrical Trades Assistants wanted for immediate start
Our client is seeking 3 reliable and motivated Electrical Trade Assistants to help assemble, install and test electrical networks, systems and circuits for commercial and domestic purposes. Location several sites in Wellington CBD.
In your new role, you will be
- Assisting with examining wiring diagrams to determine sequences and methods of operation,
- Assisting with installing and repairing business equipment,
- Assisting with testing control systems and diagnosing faults,
- Assisting with measuring and laying out installation reference points,
- Assisting with selecting, cutting, pulling wire and cable to terminals and connectors,
- Assisting with repairing and replacing faulty wiring and defective parts,
- Assisting with positioning and installing electrical switchboards,
- Assisting with installing cable trays.
You will need the following:
- Trade Certificate (is an advantage)
- 1 year relevant trade/electrical experience
- Fantastic attention to detail and pride in the work you carry out
- Responsible behaviour and a zero harm mentality
- Reliability and high work ethic
- Experience in the use of hand- and power tools
- Follow instruction well and show initiative
- Basic tools
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Site Safe or Electrical Site Safe (or willing to complete the courses)
- Two recent contactable workplace references
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity for trade assistants to gain experience and enter the electrical field. If you show initiative and prove yourself, there is real potential for the right person to gain on-going work and seal yourself an apprenticeship.
If you feel you are the right person for the job or would like further information, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Daan or Marc 04 474 2361 for more information.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position as a Tradesman, Technician or Engineer, please call us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit.