Our client is working on the renovation of a massive monumental building and after a reliable and motivated Electrical Trade Assistant for help, but also to teach and develop in the Wellington CBD
In your new role, you will be assisting with:
- Examination of wiring diagrams to determine sequences and methods of operation
- Installing and repairing business equipment
- Testing control systems and diagnosing faults
- Measuring and laying out installation reference points
- Selecting, cutting, pulling wire and cable to terminals and connectors
- Repairing and replacing faulty wiring and defective parts
- Positioning and installing electrical switchboards
- Installing cable trays
You will need the following:
- Trade Certificate (is an advantage)
- 1 year relevant trade/electrical experience
- Fantastic attention to detail and pride in the work you carry out
- Responsible behaviour and a zero harm mentality
- Reliability and high work ethic
- Experience in the use of hand- and power tools
- Follow instruction well and show initiative
- Basic tools
- Self-motivation to work competently as a team player
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Site Safe or Electrical Site Safe (or willing to complete the courses)
- Two recent contactable workplace references
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity for trade assistants to gain experience and enter the electrical field. If you show initiative and prove yourself, there is real potential for the right person to gain on-going work and seal yourself an apprenticeship.
If you feel you are the right person for the job or would like further information, call Daan on 04 473 99 15 for more information or simply apply on this page.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position as a Tradesman, Technician or Engineer, please call us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit.