Drainlayers will be responsible for set out, place bedding, laying pipes, haunch and backfill of pipes (PVC and concrete lined steel pipes). You must be able to read and understand drawings, specification and quality control requirements. You will be constructing pipework to a high standard and within a given timeframe. You are not required to be a registered drainlayer.
Drainlaying labourers will be required to do manual labouring to assist with pipe installation. It will include using plate compactors, possibly driving a loader, and using small generators and pumps.
Skills/ experience required:
- WTR and class 2 are preferred but not essential. NZQA pipelaying/ infrastructure courses are also a bonus.
- Confined space training and construct safe are also preferred, however AWF could provide this training for the right candidates. Lifting and slinging also preferred.
- Experience in laying pipes and using concrete lined steel pipes
Ability to do physical work and heavy lifitng
- All applicants must be able to confidently pass a drug screen
- Applicants must be currently living in Hawkes Bay
If you are interested in any of these roles, we would love to hear from you! Please apply online, or come in and see us on the corner of Carnegie Road and Holden Street in Onekawa. Alternatively, you can give us a call on 06 870 0310.