Seeking a switched-on, casual on-call person to work in dispatch a factory in Wigram. Could suit a retiree or someone only wanting a couple of day's work here and there.
We are seeking a fit and able person for casual work in an on-call basis in a factory that manufacturs wood product. The role is working in dispatch doing pick/pack work, docketing, recording and data entry on the computer. You will need to have great accuracy and be physically strong as some of these products weigh up to 30kg.
Standard working hours are 7:30am - 5:00pm and you could be working anywhere from 5 - 10 days per month plus leave cover from time to time. You must be available at short notice as it will most often be early in the morning that you will be advised they have a need for you to work, due to circumstances out of their control. This role could suit someone who is semi-retired and wanting the odd day here and there, or someone not wanting full time work.
Skills and Experience
You will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Reliable and not afraid of hard work
- Physically fit and strong - can lift up to 25kg
- Flexible and contactable in the early hours
- Have good accuracy when dealing with numbers and orders
- Basic computing skills
- Pass a drug screen - we screen all our staff
- Clear criminal history
- Good comprehension of the English language - both spoken and written
- Your own reliable transport
- Available for an ongoing role
As an employee of AWF you can enjoy:
- Continuity of work
- Feel supported, respected and valued
- Gain new skills and on the job training
- Temp to permanent opportunities
- Competitive rates of pay
- Plus, as our employee (not a contractor), you'll get the holiday pay, sick pay & ACC cover you're entitled to and we'll pay your tax on your behalf.
Call to Action
Be part of a company that actually cares about and rewards its staff. Get in touch with us today on Freephone 0800 88 88 60 for a confidential discussion.