About the company: AWF is part of AWF Madison Group - New Zealand's only staffing provider listed on the NZX. Today, we are the largest staffing provider with a geographic spread almost double our nearest competitor. With 35 branches from Kaitaia to Invercargill, there are up to 3,500 people working through AWF every day. From providing chippies to the country's largest constructors, roller drivers to civil contractors; devanning services, picking and packing for many iconic brands; driving trucks in some of the largest fleets; to processing many of the food items we all eat every day, AWF supply them all.
About the role: We are currently looking to fill a vital position within the AWF business. This role requires an organised, hands-on Business Manager. Based on-site within our client's large and dynamic manufacturing business you will be responsible for overseeing the recruitment, placement and ongoing management of up to 600 AWF temporary employees. Working to the seasonal requirements of our client and within a 24/7 operation, you and your team will be responsible for providing an end to end staffing solution under the AWF banner. You will be motived, energetic and extremely organised. You will utilise your proven skills in people leadership and client management to effectively deploy resources and to deliver to customer focused KPI's. You will be a champion of people and Health and Safety.
- 'Hands on' leading from the front, to guide, motivate, inspire and accomplish outcomes
- Staff management, leadership and end to end recruitment
- Reviewing and improving performance against financial and operational KPI's
- Strategic client relationship management
- Delivery of logistical outcomes in an ever changing dynamic environment
- Sound management of processes with continual and relentless focus on improvement
- Leading and participating in Health and Safety initiatives
Skills and Experience
- Robust and confident leadership skills and experience
- Operations management experience in a manufacturing business
- High volume industrial recruitment experience desired
- Proven ability to identify and implement operational improvements
- Experience working a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Strategic client management background is essential
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus scheme in place
- Use of company vehicle
- Training and ongoing support
- Challenging yet rewarding career opportunity
- The opportunity to progress with a market leader
Roles that challenge, reward and offer development opportunities don't often come up in such a beautiful part of the country. Apply now or to have a confidential discussion call Mark Sorenson Business Manager Central on 021 711 816.