Location- Waikouaiti, East Otago
Excellent opportunity to further develop your supervisory skills
Join a market leader within the poultry layer industry
Our client is NZ's largest egg producer, they are industry leaders in terms of best practice farming, and their focus on animal welfare is paramount. They are a significant employer in the East Otago area, they offer long term stable employment and the potential for significant ongoing career development.
AND, if teaming up with a manager who is collaborative and truly passionate about what they do is appealing, then this is an ideal role for you!
The role of Assistant Manager is a hands-on role that covers multiple aspects of the farming operation. It offers variety, challenge, and an opportunity to learn about poultry and associated farming practices. Key responsibilities for the role include,
- Staff supervision, coordination, training
- Ensuring high standards of animal welfare, including bird handling and monitoring
- Routine checking feeding, watering and ventilation systems
- Assisting with shed shutdowns and start-up for new flocks
- Basic maintenance and co-ordinating repairs with maintenance staff
- Provide cover during managers absence.
It is a 7 day operation and the role will work a 10 day fortnight - typically working one weekend and taking a 4 day weekend the following week. The role will also see you providing a 24 hour on-call service, during this time you are paid an on-call allowance and are paid for call outs. They offer a good hourly rate and over time is paid at T.5. When on call there is a requirement that you are within 15 minutes of site.
To be a fit for this role you will
- Be motivated to learn and develop
- Previous supervisory experience would be an advantage
- Primary industry experience would be held in high regard
- Have some mechanical aptitude and a practical hands-on approach
- Have great people skills and be a team player
- Be computer literate
- Have a full drivers licence
- Being a person who has a can-do attitude is a must!
This vacancy is available now!
Apply online NOW with a CV that highlights your relevant skills, or for a confidential discussion please call Lisa Edwards on 021949174.