AWF are looking for advanced laborers/lashers/stevedores based at the Ports of Auckland! For fixed term permanent work until August 2020 and free parking you can view the sunrise over the Waitemata Harbour while you sip on your morning coffee.
From 7am until 7pm.Your duties will include but are not limited to:
* Lifting a variation of weighted lashing bars
* Inserting and removing lashing bars on cargo ships
* Manually tightening turn buckles
* Preparing lashing gear
* Working in a team of fellow employees
* General site and equipment cleaning as and when required
What's in it for you?
* Very competitive weekly pay and paid lunch breaks
* Full time fixed term work until August 2020 with additional overtime available
* Free parking!
* Easily accessible via public transport
* Progression and development within the company for the right applicant
Skills & Experience Required:
* Minimum of a restricted driving license and reliable transport (Full license preferred)
* You must be available 7 days a week due to rostering working a maximum of 60 hours a week
* You must be able to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screen
* You should have a good understanding of health and safety practices
Please note the ports are open 24/7 which means you could be rostered to work during the week, weekends and also public holidays. Stevedores/Lashing is a very physical role as the lashing bars can be up to 30kgs, this work is also completed at heights so you must be comfortable working at heights!
If this sounds like you apply now via the online portal or email your resume to Monique on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively give Monique a call on 0800 922 955 should you require any more information!